Important Tips, Links and Downloads
- Inform yourself about university policy for doctoral degrees (see links below), and what obligations you may have to graduate programs other than the IRTG 1243.
- Both the TUM and the LMU University Libraries offer free licenses for the citation management programs Citavi and Endnote (see links below).
- Watch Events and Workshops for courses offered through the IRTG.
- LMU doctoral students can subscribe to the GraduateCenter LMU newsletter to be informed about upcoming courses.
- Sign up for courses well in advance! Courses usually fill up very quickly.
Note: in general, only sign up for a course if you can committ to the time. No-shows are not acceptable!
- Different institutions and programs (LMU, TUM, Helmholtz, LSM, IMPRS, SFB 1243) offer possibilities for travel funding, lab visits or external methods courses. Inquire about possibilities with program coordinators.
- Enrollment requirements: the LSM degree (Life and Natural Sciences) and the TUM-GS require that you are officially enrolled in their respective programs for 6 semesters. The LMU Faculty of Biology requires that you are enrolled for a minimum of 2 semesters. The LMU Faculty of Medicine has no enrollment requirement, except in the case of PhD med. res. program (see link below), which requires enrollment of 6 semesters.
(see also links to the right)
- IRTG 1243 Manifesto (193 KByte)
- TUM Medical Graduate Center MANDATORY and OPTIONAL elements
- The structured Ph.D. in Medical Research (LMU Faculty of Medicine)
- LSM curriculum
Good Scientific Practice
- DFG Guidelines for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice
- TUM good scientific practice
- LMU Faculty of Biology: Good scientific practice
- LMU UB Reference Management
- TUM Citation Management
- IRTG 1243 workshops
- Workshops through the GraduateCenterLMU
- LSM Skills courses and retreats
- HELENA skills courses
- TUM-GS skills courses
- LMU Student und Arbeitsmarkt Career Service (courses usually in German)