Workshop: Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator course with Dr. Andreas Binder
When: on Monday and Tuesday, July 15-16, 2019 from 9:00-17:00.
Adobe Illustrator is a powerful graphics program for editing and creation of vector-based images. In this two-day workshop we will cover both basic and more advanced functions of the software, which will be helpful to generate
scientific posters, figures and presentations.
In detail you will learn about:
- Creation of new documents as well as proper import and export of various file formats (PDF, Word, Excel, bitmap images, etc.)
- The basic Illustrator interface and tools
- How to use groups, layers and artboards to handle more complex documents such as posters
- Using the align tools and the coordinate system to easily arrange objects and draw exact illustrations.
- Integration of Adobe Photoshop to process and edit bitmap images (microscopic images, scans, etc.)
- Text editing and arrangement
- Color management
- Advanced drawing tools, perspective drawing, vectorization and shape modification
Sign-up or further information any time with Elizabeth email@example.com
Please check with your supervisor before you sign up – some groups are changing to other non-Adobe illustration programs, so this may not be relevant for you.
Co-organized with GRK 2062 and LSM